This program provides medical coverage for children under age 19 who do not qualify for the QUEST or Medicaid Fee-For Service (FFS) Program because of their alien status.
To qualify for the State Medical Assistance Program for Immigrant Children, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be under age 19
- Be a Hawaii resident
- Cannot meet the Medicaid alien status requirement legal immigrant admitted to the United States after August 22, 1996and
- Provide proof of their alien status;
- Provide proof of their identity;
- Provide a Social Security Number;
- Not reside in a public institution
- Have countable income that does not exceed the applicable income standards
Eligible individuals will be provided the benefits of the QUEST or Medicaid-Fee-For Service programs. Individuals who are not blind or disabled are enrolled in a QUEST health that will provide services. Blind or disabled recipients will be covered on a fee-for-service basis. Coverage will be provided for a five year period or until the individual turns age 19, which ever comes first.